Friday, December 12, 2008

Murphy's Law

As we all know, if you drop a piece of buttered bread it will always land buttered side down (what a waste!).  The Murphy's Law phenomenon works in its own special way in the optical world.  For example, as I was adjusting someone's eyewear they asked 
'Do you ever break glasses?'
I paused for a sufficiently dramatic time, and mentioned that no matter how I answered that Murphy will come and get me.  The customer said,
'OH NO DON'T ANSWER, DON'T ANSWER!'

When I received our HUGE shipment of JF Rey frames a few weeks ago (wild colors, floral cutouts, polka dots, wild architectural details, etc) it seemed that everyone who walked through our doors wanted minimal and subtle eyewear.  

I am truly looking forward to the Lindberg trunk show on Saturday December 13th, and contemplating the simplicity of Lindberg designs.  Lindberg is what MOST people want: lightweight, lots of size options, minimal, looks that are either punchy in just the right subtle way to looks that are all business.  How much do you want to be that on Saturday when I am all geared up for Lindberg everyone walking through the door wants the most brightly colored, wild patterned, insane, wacked-out, cookoo for cocao puffs eyewear we've got?

No comments:

Post a Comment